Friday, November 11, 2005

I wonder if anyone reads this anymore...

Cause I really just stink at updating my blog. And my only excuse is that I don't have internet at my house... and I have two jobs and a husband which seem to occupy all the time in my day. Not that I am complaining! I love my jobs (and I really love my husband!) In fact, today we have been married for five months. I love being married and I know that we have a lot to learn about what it takes to make marriage "work", but I am looking forward to that process and I know that God is working in us every day.

So since the pumpkin patch we have carved pumpkins. Mine looked like this:

I always think I want to carve something really cool on my pumpkin, but I'm really not that good with a knife, so I end up making this face every year. Last week Eric saw that my pumpkin was looking a little sad, meaning it had nasty mold inside it. He went to pick it up and it just mushed in his hands. When I got home I thought somebody stole it and I was sad. Then I learned it was discusting, and then I was glad I wasn't there to witness its death by dumpster.

Other cool happenings.... Eric and I went to see Paul McCartney two weekends ago! It was really awesome. Although I haven't the skills to make any cool links, but here's a pic:

Did I mention the concert was awesome? Yes he's sixty years old, but he can still rock! My favorite songs were "Baby You Can Drive My Car" and "Hey Jude" and anytime he was up there by himself playing the piano. I know I will never see Paul McCartney live ever again... it was cool to be a part that history.

And the last thing you should is that I went to the zoo today because I didn't have school. It was really cold, but not rainy and a lot of the animals were out. Here is my favorite picture from the day:

Never mind... I can't get that one to work for some reason. It was of a polar bear that was playing with a ball in the water and I was so close to his face that you could actually see a little bit of drool. I get it working later for you guys.

And that is my life since picking out the pumpkins. I'm super excited to pick out a christmas tree!!!!! And I'll try to update this thing more often... we might get internet soon. Oh, Eric got a full time posistion at the Apple Store! It's nice to have income... it's nice to be able to save some of that income. Please comment on my blog... I'm really not sure if anyone reads this anymore.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shauna Wagner said...

I read it. I'm glad you are back I was tired of reading your same articles.

7:37 PM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

Hey!! I read it, too, now! I'm so jealous you got to go to the PM concert.... I'm glad you enjoyed it, though! That's so awesome.

I suddenly have this urge to go to the zoo! ;o)

Oh, and good luck with the book!

Ciao!
Jess

8:12 PM

 
Blogger James T Wood said...

I'm here too. Glad things are busy and not boring.

6:47 AM

 
Blogger Niki said...

Jessica: The concert was amazing! I can't wait to talk to Gibson about what his favorite parts were. I'm glad I know what your blog is now! GO TO THE ZOO! I think it's a good date....

James: Thanks for the encouragement. And I would rather be busy than bored. I just know things aren't going to slow down now that it's the holiday season and my husband works in retail. I might not see him until 2006!

9:59 AM

 
Blogger tabitha jane said...

glad you got to see paul in concert. my co-worker saw him and just went on and on about how good it was . . . it sounded awesome!

remember when we went with brigitte to the beatles exhibit in hildesheim? she was so excited!

2:09 PM

 
Blogger Carrie said...

I read your Blog! Yay for the update! Man, I haven't been to the zoo in a long time... It doesn't seem like it would be as fun now that it is wintertime.

See you Thursday!

6:40 PM

 
Blogger rebecca marie said...

next year, go hog wild and make the triangle eyes upside down.

8:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home