Monday, December 12, 2005

I'm so hungry....


I just got off work and walked in the door knowing there was no real food for dinner. But Eric doesn't get off work for 30 minutes and after that it's a 20 minutes bus ride until we can dine together. So I had to make a quick decision.... I ate half of a chocolate donut.... but really I'm lying.... I ate three quarters of it. It was so delicious and yes I am still hungry.

Then when I was looking for a picture of a donut to post here I came across a recipe that sounds kind of nasty. I dare someone to try it out some time!

Chocolate Doughnuts

Made with chocolate and mashed potatoes
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons shortening
1 cup mashed potatoes
2/3 cup milk
3 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
6 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
fat for deep frying
Directions for Chocolate Doughnuts Recipe below.
Beat eggs until light and beat in sugar. Melt chocolate and shortening together; add to sugar mixture. Add potatoes and milk. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to batter, adding just enough to make a dough that can be handled. Chill dough then roll out on floured board; cut with doughnut cutter. Fry (a couple at a time) in deep fat at about 370° until browned on both sides, turning once. Transfer to paper towels or brown paper bags to drain.
Makes about 30 to 36 doughnuts or donuts.

2 Comments:

Blogger rebecca marie said...

you know, i'm a pretty big fan of potato bread, so there is this teensy part of me that gets why this would work.

but no, i'm not going to attempt it at home.

8:05 AM

 
Blogger Niki said...

potato bread.... yes, but not with the yummy goodness of a donut!

1:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home