Thursday, December 29, 2005

California here we come!

I have no exciting pictures to post, but Eric and I are leaving for California this morning and we will be there for 5 days (visiting his parents). We will be in two cities, Ventura which is right by the ocean and Simi Valley, where the Ronald Regan presidential library is.

Oh, and we had our first Christmas together! We had been house sitting two weeks prior to Christmas and didn't get back to our own home until Christmas Eve. That night we were planning to watch a Christmas movie together, but couldn't find a good one, so we settled on "A Series of Unfortunate Events." Midway through the movie my eyes started to close, so we turned the movie off and tried to get some sleep. We were like little kids because we were so anxious about Christmas morning! At one point in the night I woke up and Eric was awake too, so I mumbled, "If it's past 5:00, we can get up...." It was only 3:20! I drifted in and out of sleep for the next few hours and we finally got up at 7:20. I put on the water for hot chocolate and pre-heated the oven for cinnamon rolls while Eric carefully divided our presents for easy opening. We sat on the floor sipping hot chocolate and enjoyed each others reactions as we opened our gifts. My favorite gift was a new bible that has a celtic cross and my new named etched into it. Eric's favorite gift was the new computer game I got him (Rollercoaster Tycoon III). We went to church that morning and the kids' did a little program that was very cute. Then we went home so Eric could play his game and I took a good long nap. After that we went to our friends house to watch a movie and play games. It was a perfect first Christmas day!

But back to today, we are really excited to be in California hanging out with our family. It will be the first time we have seen his parents since the wedding! If I don't post until I get back, I hope everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 Comments:

Blogger tabitha jane said...

hope you are having fun in california!

we saw eric the other day at his work . . . but he was really busy so we didn't get to say hi.

we also saw another friend of ours who works with eric. his name is nick cunningham. nick's brother rob was in our wedding . . . small world eh?

3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home